Students can take the online License to Carry (LTC/CHL) class from the comfort of their home for ONLY $50. Operation Shield offers the official Online License to Carry (LTC/CHL) class through Texas Carry Academy. The online LTC class works on all electronic devices and is four hours long. The online LTC course is self-paced, students can stop, log out, log back in and pick up right where you left off! The MOST popular and easy way to take the LTC Class is ONLINE.
Who can take the Online License to Carry (LTC/CHL)?
Anyone in Texas can take the online LTC class. We use an official online LTC class provider approved statewide by the Texas Department of Public Safety. Immediately upon passing the online class you will be able to download your official certificate of training.
Why choose our Online License to Carry (LTC/CHL)?
- Take it at your own pace 24/7
- Works on any electronic device
- Easiest online LTC course
- Veteran owned and operated
- 100% pass guaranteed
- Certified Texas LTC Instructor
Benefits of having a Texas LTC
- Basic handgun use and safety instruction
- Knowledge of carry laws
- Reciprocity with 37 other states
- Campus carry
- School zone carry
- Protection for school district employees
- Easier interaction with Law Enforcement
- Bypass NICS background check
- Protection from “no guns” signs
- Trespass protection
- 18+ y/o military members are eligible
- Are allowed “oopsies” at airports
- Legal protection a LTC provides
- Legal form of ID
- Fewer restrictions
- Peace of mind
What about the Range Instruction?
Students can visit any local LTC instructor in your area to complete the range instruction/shooting part. Online students are given access to our instructor locator to find a local instructor in their area. Students in Edinburg, TX or adjacent cities of the Rio Grande Valley (RGV) can sign up here to complete the Range Instruction and Proficiency Demonstration Class. The cost to complete the range instruction is $50 for online students. Some students are exempt from the range qualification and will only have to take the online course.
Students exempt from the shooting portion
Certain students are not required to complete the range portion of the LTC class. For these students, the only requirement is completing the online LTC class. Students that are not required to complete the shooting portion are:
- Texas State Correctional Officers “CO’s”.
- Active duty military or veterans that have within the past 10 years completed training in the familiarization of firearms OR have firearm shooting scores from the military.
- County Jailers that have completed firearms training as part of their employment.